Friday, October 29, 2010

back on the blog wagon

Persimmons are just starting to show up at the produce stands. I never knew what a persimmon was before I moved here. If you don't know, they are bright orange like a pumpkin, are shaped like a tomato, have the crunch of an apple, and taste like... I don't know- but they are sweet. The closer to reddish-orange, the sweeter and juicier they are. They are harvested only this time of the year, and I LOVE them!

Everyone is wearing orange & black here. Mostly to celebrate the giants victories, and partly for Halloween. I brought the dog's Halloween costumes back from Lincoln. Mona is a spider and Sooz, a lobster. Me= nothing yet. I'm not sure where we're going, but Stanzie and Rich want to find a dog friendly party to go to. Their dogs are going as Elvis and a bumble bee. Tomorrow I have a photo shoot with Gio & Juno, two Shiba Inus. I'm excited but a little nervous.

Dad said I'd probably be sick of car dwelling after a week. It's been almost a month and I'm still going strong! Last night I slept in a hidden area of the Presidio. This was the most desolate spot I've ever camped at in the city. Since the Presidio is federal land, I was a little worried about waking up to a park ranger at my door. There were no problems except I left my window cracked and it rained. The bottom part of my comforter is all wet. :(

I checked my mail for the first time today. I got 3 checks. So I actually got paid 5 times today:

A Pause for Paws- my last mileage check $70
Pictage - my online photo service (my profit for the month) $130
birthday check from Grandma Linda (Angie's mom) $40
Wild Bill - 2 days of walking 1 hour each $40
Morgan - another installment for his dog walking photos $50

tomorrow, 2nd half of payment for photo shoot $250

Next week, Bill doesn't need me, but my friend Shannon who is also a dog walker AND from Nebraska hired me to walk her dogs for the week! Another $160
AND it looks like I overpaid for a doctor's appt. last year, so they owe me $350

I'm not going to add that all up, but basically I'm doing OK in the financial department. I'm not really even trying, and things just keep coming my way.

I'm back at Cafe Abir and there is a dad reading a book to his two sons. It looks like neither one of them is paying any attention to him at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment