OKay, need to put an end to the frivolous cafe spending... yikes! i went to Bikram today, only to leave class early due to light headed-ness from an empty stomach. Because of this, I talked myself into having breakfast at The Grind (Brother Bear and I's favorite omelet spot) My total with coffee came out to $11.... not good!
But its so great to sit and eat a delicious breakfast with internet access! One day when I'm rich, I'll still live in a car or van, and I'll just eat out everyday, all day, for every meal. It will be great.
So I TRIED to cook a meal last night. Unsure where to cook on my propane stove in the city, I headed west, to Ocean Beach. There were tons of people with bonfires, but I decided to cook my assortment of veggies, that I got at Berkeley bowl a few days prior, on my propane stove in the parking lot. I let the dogs out to run around. Mona stayed close, but Soozy disappeared, naturally. I'm not sure you're really supposed to cook in the parking lot. Before I could even light the stove, I noticed cops coming in and out of the parking lot. I decided not to continue with my cooking. Instead, I had to search for my dimwit dog, who still hadn't come back after an hour. I even had to drive to the other parking lot to look for her. SO when I finally found her, I wasn't even hungry anymore. I went to Safeway to get some ice for the cooler so the veggies stayed fresh. Instead, I ended up giving my meal to some travelers sitting out in front of the store. They were extremely grateful. SO much for buying food and trying to cook. I think I'll only be able to do that while using a friends kitchen. Unless I can find a good place to cook.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment