Monday, January 31, 2011

Right place, right time...

When I choose a parking spot for the night, I often change my mind if it doesn't feel right. So last night I couldn't decide where to park. I switched locations nearly 3 times. The first spot was too close to a bus stop so there was a lot of pedestrians and traffic. The second spot was close to a park that had some active wildlife. Sooz & Mona went crazy when they spotted a glowing-eyed raccoon peaking at us from behind a tree. So the spot I finally decided to go with was on a quiet street with several open parking spots. As I was preparing the back to lay down my sleeping bag and blanket, I noticed a truck backing out of it's spot two cars away from. As it drove away, I looked over and saw there were two suitcases in the spot which the truck just packed out from. I waved to the truck, but it was too far away already. I looked in one of the suitcase's ID slots and pulled out a business card for a guy named Joe's plumbing business in WI. I called the number and told the guy that 2 suitcases fell out of his truck as he backed away from the spot. The guy on the phone said that wasn't him in the truck and his luggage had been stolen from his car two days prior! I took the suitcases to the hotel and Joe gave me $100!

1 comment: