My hip is killing me. I thought I usually sleep on my side, but I must have been putting extra pressure on it last night, somehow. It's cold. It's just about as cold as San Francisco ever gets. I actually just looked up the temperature online to prove to you how cold it is and my weather widget on my dashboard, which is set on Lincoln, says 37 degrees. I changed it to San Francisco and the number only went up 3 degrees. "This is California! It's supposed to be warm all year round!" said the younger me back when the only thing I associated with San Francisco was Full House and Rice-a-Roni. Atleast it never snows here... With all the hills, I'm not sure SF would be a city if it snowed.
It usually reaches peak coldness at about 5am. This is when I wake up to either grab a dingo for warmth or turn on the car and run the heat. This morning, I grabbed a dingo and ran the heat. I almost thought about just getting up for the day since I had to walk a dog at 7:30. I decided to sleep the extra hour and a half, but accidently slept in till 8:10. I woke up to a phone call from the client wondering where I was. Luckily I was parked close by and she wasn't upset.
While at the park with the dingos and my now 8:30 dog, someone banged into the front of my car while reversing from their parking spot. No damage, except for the plastic license plate frame and the dealer's license plate cover logo had been ripped off. All this time I thought I only had a back license plate (which is apparently ok in the state of CA but not NE.) Although I wasn't particularly in favor of advertising for the dealership, I never cared enough to request a second license plate from the DMV. (mostly because I try to avoid any transaction with the dreaded DMV.) It turns out the real license plate was underneath the dealership logo the whole time! I ripped the rest of the logo away, threw it in the trash, and drove away a happy hit-and-run victim.
Underneath the surface of the physical world, everything around us that causes stress, irritation, worry, tension, disappointment, sadness or unease, there is a peace that remains stationary. It has been there all along and it never goes away. The key is discovering or finding that peace again, by stripping away and filtering out all the bullshit. What bullshit is covering your license plate?
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment