Friday, February 11, 2011

Carstache & Conehead Sooz

I'm getting a lot more smiles from people while driving lately. Maybe it's because of the bright flame-orange mustache attached to the grill of my car. It wasn't my idea, but a 'dress code' requirement assigned by Wild Bill. Bill and I both agree it's like an automatic anti-depressant, for both the driver and pedestrians alike.

As you can see from the picture, My car was sporting a cargo bag full of my extra stuff. This was adding extra weight to the car, attracting unnecessary attention, and creating a dent in the roof. I had been waiting for a storage closet to open up at a storage place that had the size of space I needed for a reasonable price. Finally a space opened up on Tuesday! My storage closet is a 4x4x4 space for only $35/month. It doesn't seem like that much space but all my stuff only fills about half of it. I'll be visiting my space about once a week to switch out clothes, fill my travel shampoo/soap containers. Now I can buy things like dog food in bulk and store it there.

I've been pretty busy with my 2 jobs. Having such a tight schedule and living out of your car requires planning and organization. Here's what my days look like lately:


8:00 Wake up

8:00-8:15 Prep car for dogs- I fold up my comforter and sleeping bag and stuff them in front of the front passenger seat so they stay free of any potential dog messes. I tidy up any loose items and put them in their appropriate spots. Everything has it's place in every nook and cranny of my car. It makes life much easier when I know where everything is.

8:15-8:30 start car, change clothes, brush teeth, feed dogs, any other little tasks that need to be done.

8:30-9:00 Coffee. I'm already parked in a neighborhood with several cafes, so it's just a minute drive or walk to get my daily dose of caffeine. It's nice to have a moment to myself before the chaos begins.

9-12 I'm walking a group of small dogs now. My overnight parking spot is the neighborhood of my first pick-up. I do this to minimize commute time and save gas. The other half of the group is a 15 minute drive away. Pick-ups, an hour walk, and drop offs take me roughly 3 hours total. I end the same place I started.

12:00-1:00 Ironically, there is a 24 hour fitness around the corner from that last drop off with parking always available right out front. It couldn't be more convenient. From 12-1, I get to sit in the sauna and take a shower. What's even better is the gym is super slow at this time so I have the entire locker room almost all to myself. I'll also grab lunch during this time-frame.

1:00-6:30pm My new retouching job, which isn't too far from the gym. I love 5 minute commutes.

The rest of the evening varies night to night. Last night, I went to the self service pet wash to give Mona and Sooz a bath. How awesome is this! It's only $15 for 25 minutes which was more than enough time to scrub, rinse, and blow dry two dirty dingoes. Too bad they aren't going to like going to the pet store anymore. They provide you with the shampoo (3 different scent choices which are built into the sprayer!) and towels. You hook their collars into the stand-up tub. Even if I did rent a place, I'd still go here to give them baths. Its sooo much easier and there's not a ton of black hair to clean up afterwards!

So the reason they needed a bath is because last weekend we went hiking and Soozy got a tick. I tried pulling it out with tweezers, but the head got stuck in there and the spot got infected overnight. It didn't help that she licked and chewed on it too. It was pretty nasty! I had to take her to the vet for a cream, antibiotics, and a cone. I picked up some Frontline while I was there. I wanted them to both be clean before I put that stuff on. No more ticks, please!
Soozy was very upset about having to wear the cone!

1 comment: