Monday, November 8, 2010

minimizing & organizing

Every week or so, I "clean house" On Saturday, the dogs and I hung out at Heron's Head Park. It's a beautiful wildlife preservation area in the Bayview. With few people in the parking lot, I decided it was the perfect place to do some re-organizing while the dogs ran free and Jack Johnson blasted from my cd player. So for 1 month, I've barely had to access items that are in the cargo bag on the top of my car. I have a lock that keeps the two zippers together, but the bag is still vulnerable to theft. Anyone could easily cut into the bag and take what they like. While I'd prefer the stuff up there to NOT get stolen, I'm not going to cry if does. Here's what I have up there:

A tupperware of shoes, a blanket, and my extra purses/bags
A suitcase full of clothes I don't wear often or clothes that are too small the "oh I know I'll fit into this again... someday" clothes
My Coleman two burner propane stove that I bought off craigslist in Lincoln. Turns out I'm not doing any cooking here.
Cooler filled with all my 'kitchen' items... dishes, silverware, foil. same thing- not using much of this stuff
My tripod that I don't use often b/c it's clunky and hard to maneuver (thanks Joel and Pius X) hehe...

I've considered dumping these items at a friends house just so I don't have the extra weight to the car, but I don't want to have to bother anyone when I need something. Anyways, I took a few items to Goodwill and put some shirts down into my plastic drawers inside the car. I like knowing exactly what I have up there. I like having a mental inventory of every little item I own. If something isn't serving a particular function, it's got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment