I am getting ready for bed, and listening to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof of the car. I won't be able to submit this post until I get to a cafe in the morning. I'm parked in the Presidio in a semi-desolate area near a lacrosse field and a few parked cars. If you don't know what the Presidio is (NE readers) its an old military base on the northwest part of SF. If you look at a map, you will see that it takes up a huge chunk of land. The old military housing is now residential and a lot of the land is mostly woods. I love how it can feel like your deep in the forest somewhere but actually in a bustling city. Shannon recommended this spot since she often comes here to walk her dogs. It was funny. I slept here the other night and woke up to find her car right next to me.
So this week has been crazy regarding dog walking. Jeff, and Bill & Jan have been turning down gigs and handing them down to me. (Hey I don't mind- even if the dogs are high maintenance!) Eli the Vizsla started with me yesterday. It figures he got a huge gash on his side on our very first walk together. The dog is ball obsessed and could play all day long. We were at Douglas Park and he must have ran into a stick or branch. The cut was about an inch thick and looked pretty gnarly. Luckily his owner was more worried about me being worried than being upset over the situation. I do find it ironic that I've been dog walking for a few years without such incidents, and I this happens on the first day of my first personal client. Murphy's Law... Eli seems like a great dog otherwise, and I'll probably continue walking him after the cut heals. Also I may be doing overnights for 2 sharpeis every other month or so for 5-6 nights at a time.
Aunt Toni suggested I write from the viewpoint of Mona & Soozy. Maybe I'll do that next time...
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment